Which 3M Disposable Respirator is appropriate for my application?
– P1 is the rating given to a respirator which meets AS/NZS 1716:2012 for filtering mechanically generated particles, e.g., particles formed crushing, grinding and sanding.
– P2 is the rating given to a respirator which meets AS/NZS 1716:2012 for filtering mechanically and thermally generated particles, e.g., those from welding fume. Respirators with P2 rating are also recommended for use in certain applications against some bioaerosols such as H1N1 and H5N1 Influenza.
– Type ‘G’ class rating is suitable for low vapour pressure (below 1.3Pa @25⁰) organic compounds e.g. many agricultural chemicals like herbicide and pesticide.
Item No: CS05/T004
P1 Filter, easy to fit
For mechanically generated particles e.g.grinding, sanding, crushing, sawing
The galvanised steel nose clip allows this respirator to be used in underground coal mines
P1 for mechanically generated particles, e.g., grinding, sanding, crushing, and sawing. 3M Cool Flow Valve prevents heat and moisture build-up, making breathing easier.
– Lightweight construction for added comfort and increased wearer time
– Adjustable nose clip helps reduce eyewear fogging
– Galvanished clip for use in intrinsically safe environment
– Applications e.g. P1: sawing, drilling. P2: composting, handling infected animals.