Which 3M Disposable Respirator is appropriate for my application?
– P1 is the rating given to a respirator which meets AS/NZS 1716:2012 for filtering mechanically generated particles, e.g., particles formed crushing, grinding and sanding.
– P2 is the rating given to a respirator which meets AS/NZS 1716:2012 for filtering mechanically and thermally generated particles, e.g., those from welding fume. Respirators with P2 rating are also recommended for use in certain applications against some bioaerosols such as H1N1 and H5N1 Influenza.
– Type ‘G’ class rating is suitable for low vapour pressure (below 1.3Pa @25⁰) organic compounds e.g. many agricultural chemicals like herbicide and pesticide.
Item No: CS05/T023
P2 Filter in unique 3 panel Flat Fold design. For mechanically and thermally generated particles and fumes e.g. grinding, sanding, crushing, sawing, smoke and welding fume. Cool Flow Valve prevents heat and moisture build up, making breathing easier.
– Unique 3-panel design fits a wide range of face sizes
– Low profile provides good field of vision
– Proprietary 3M Cool Flow exhalation valve reduces heat and moisture build-up, making breathing easier
– Individually packaged for portability in the workplace
– Applications e.g. P2: light welding, inflection control, shipbuilding